Storydwelling is hiring!
Hourly, part-time staff
5-10 hours per week
Storydwelling–a small but growing web of community in Bend, rooted in the liberation threads of Christianity–seeks a creative, organized and flexible person to support our logistics and communications work. The storykeeper will work with other staff–including the pastor/organizer and minister of sacred presence–to develop and maintain a meaningful digital presence for the community; work with our bookkeeper to track donations and expenditures; maintain contact lists; and keep the operations of this small nonprofit running smoothly. We know that clear communication and administration helps people feel cared for, so, ultimately, this is a caring role.
This person ideally:
- is organized
- able to multitask
- enjoys both working independently and collaboratively
- has an eye for creative and artistic expressions of work
- is comfortable using technology
- isn’t afraid to set and hold deadlines for self and others
- prioritizes relationship over product or performance
- is willing to explore nuanced spiritual/political language with others
- Basic knowledge of Google Drive, including Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfort navigating the Internet and online banking
- Basic math and spreadsheet experience
- Comfort navigating and posting on social media
- Canva or other design software
- Experience with online giving platforms such as Vanco
- Experience engaging in fundraising, including donor campaigns and grant management
- Video editing experience
- Bookkeeping expertise is a plus and would add hours + pay to this role description
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain updated contact list
- Maintain updated donor list
- Pay bills and invoices
- Track incoming donations and liaise with the bookkeeper
- Assist with grant applications and reporting; assist with denominational paperwork
- Order materials
- Manage room rentals
- Create weekly print materials (eg bulletin)
- Maintain Storydwelling calendar
- Bookkeeping experience a plus but not required
- Work with pastor/organizer to communicate via email and other media on a regular schedule with Storydwelling participants and friends
- Maintain website
- Design and execute creative communications expressions (video sermons, website features, social media posts)
- Support fundraising campaigns (mailings, social media postings, etc.)
This role can be performed remotely and during flexible hours, though it will require, at times, collaborating directly, in real time, with other teammates. A desk in our shared office is available for this person to use during working hours.
The position is hourly at a starting rate of $25/hour, depending on experience. Start date is November 1, but applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the best fit is found. We estimate our storykeeper will work about 5-10 hours per week, depending on the season. This is a temporary, six-month position with the hope to extend it indefinitely depending on fit and budget.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, cover letter and two references. If applicable, please also send samples of social media or design work.
We know our community is richer when people of diverse backgrounds, identities and perspectives are in leadership. LGBTQIA+ people, BILAPOC, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about Storydwelling’s values and commitments, please visit our website: www.bendstorydwelling.org